Things to do:
- Visit Torquay Surf City, home of the famous Rip Curl
- Admire the Southern Ocean and the surfers on Bells Beach
- Spot koalas in the wild
- Go on a rainforest walk through fragrant eucalyptus trees
- See the 12 Apostles in the enchanting morning light
- Vist the collapsed London Bridge
- Learn about the Aboriginal People with a visit to Brambuk Cultural Centre
- Explore the striking sandstone mountain ranges of Grampians National Park
- Cool off in the majestic Mackenzie Falls
- Get superb views of Victoria Valley from Reed’s Lookout and the Balconies
Overview of the Tour :
Twelve (12) Apostles Victoria Map
What you can expect?
Get back to nature on this true Australian 3-day adventure, and discover unique wildlife and a magnificent scenery of spectacular rocks, mountains, and waterfalls.
You will visit the iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse, mainland Australia’s oldest surviving lighthouse, and stay overnight along the Great Ocean Road to experience sublime sunsets over the Southern Ocean, and a sunrise over Bass Straight.
Travel to Port Campbell National Park to experience the majestic 12 Apostles, and explore the historic Shipwreck Coast. In the Grampians, you will sleep in a superb rugged Australian landscape. Camp under the stars, or stay overnight in shared accommodation – the choice is yours. Whichever you choose, you will be sleeping among koalas and kangaroos!
Day 1:(L, D)
Meet your group at Flinders Street in central Melbourne and set off for your tour of the Great Ocean Road, a fantastic drive along one of the world’s most incredible coastal roads. See Torquay Surf City, home of the Rip Curl, and the world famous Bells Beach. Pass the quaint coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay. Go to historic Cape Otway Lighthouse for an exclusive visit.
Spot koalas in the wild as you tour, and take a rainforest walk through fragrant eucalyptus trees. Look out for the bright flash of crimson rosellas and king parrots. Drive along the historic Shipwreck Coast, and see the towering rocks of the 12 Apostles in the Southern Ocean. Admire the staircase-like series of rocks at Gibson Steps.
Day 2:(B, L, D)
See the dramatic 12 Apostles in the morning light, and visit the collapsed London Bridge, where 2 holiday makers were left stranded when the first arch collapsed in 1990. Continue to the Bay of Martyrs and Bay of Islands. Visit an amazing dormant volcano and wildlife haven at Warrnambool and Tower Hill.
Enter Grampians National Park, where you will learn about Aboriginal heritage at the Brambuk Cultural Centre. Stay overnight at the foothills of the Grampians, with an evening campfire (weather permitting), and wake up with kangaroos at your doorstep!
Day 3:(B, L)
Explore the Grampians on a scenic nature walk, and then cool off at the refreshing Mackenzie Falls. Look out for native bird and wildlife, and go to Reed’s Lookout and the Balconies for superb views across the Victoria Valley.
You can now return to Melbourne at the end of the tour, or continue to Adelaide for an extra fee of AUD 30.
- All park entrance fees
- Travel in modern air-conditioned mini-van
- 3x lunch
- 2x dinner
- 2x breakfast
- Accommodation (either camping, shared, or double as booked)
- Informative guide
- Sleeping bag rental (AUD 15, or bring your own)
• A low level of fitness is fine for this tour
• Please note that double and shared upgrades are in budget accommodation with shared bathrooms. Bed-linen is supplied, but towels and toiletries are not included
• The tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
• Luggage restrictions: please keep your luggage to a maximum of 5 kilos in a backpack or soft overnight bag